- Keep checking: http://www. carehomeopenday.org.uk for the latest news and updates.
- You can also follow Care Home Open Day on Twitter and Facebook.
- The Twitter handle is @CareHomeOpenDay
- When Tweeting, please use the following official hashtag:
- If you need any help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social media is a great way to promote what you are doing to your local communities, so do use it to get your message out to the public.
Why your home should take part:
- Provides a great opportunity for you to showcase your home and what you do throughout the year, as well as challenge some of the long-standing misconceptions that are often associated with care homes
- Gives you the chance to open your doors to your local community and shout about all the positive things that are happening within the care home, that help to ensure residents people continue to live a full and meaningful life
- Provides an opportunity for everyone to come and visit the home, share in the experiences and absorb the great atmosphere that each home generates
- Enables you to engage with, improve and strengthen links between the care home and your local community and encourage local people to connect with your residents